Thursday, July 26, 2012

Marvelous Mikayla



The other day, Mikayla was making "birthday cakes" out of our food-storage cans by stacking them on top of one another.  Because it was late, Mike asked her to come upstairs and get ready for bed. To help her, he decided to participate in singing "Happy Birthday To You" for the 5-6 birthday cakes she had built on the stairs.  After the festivities (singing and blowing out pretend candles), Mike started to put the cans back on the shelf.  Apparently, Mikayla wasn't ready for her birthday cakes to be destroyed and she began to become upset. Out of frustration she ended up yelling, "DADDY, GO DO YOUR HOMEWORK!" Mike wasn't sure whether to start laughing or start crying. 





Mikayla also has some amazing manipulation tactics (we are unsure where she learned them--somehow they must be entirely innate). Mikayla had been endlessly teasing Caleb in the van by threatening him and telling him to "Hit her" so he would get into trouble (because, of course, Caleb does everything Mikayla tells him to do). I (Melissa) went back to sit in-between them to try and maintain the peace. Suddenly, Mikayla saw some fruit-snacks in the van and demanded, "I want one!" Being the good mother I am, I told Mikayla "No, you've been being naughty." The next thing Mikayla did took me entirely by surprise.  She tenderly placed her hand on my cheek, looked me angelically in the eyes, and said while smiling and batting her eye-lashes, "Momma, you're so cute. I love you." It immediately melted my heart and I almost gave in to giving her the fruit-snack....and then I realized just what she was doing. That little stinker!

No comments:

Post a Comment