Thursday, July 26, 2012

Who's the Parent?

     While I (Melissa) was driving the van the other day, I happened to be startled by Mikayla threatening Caleb with some not-so-fun things. (Remember, she is only two-years-old.)  It started with Mikayla whispering and telling Caleb to, "Scream". So Caleb would scream at the top of his lungs and then I would tell him to, "Be quiet because screaming hurts Momma's ears and it is not respectful." Then Caleb would stop screaming, smile really big, and wait for the next command from his sister.  Mikayla was apparently amused by Caleb's eagerness and willingness to keep obeying her as well, and she continued to tell him to "Scream" despite my asking him not to.  So, of course, Caleb continued to scream and the pattern continued.
     This must have not been good enough for Mikayla though, because she then thought it'd be a good idea to hit Caleb to see what would happen. She did this, and, consequently, he started to cry. This time, she decided to be the parent though. She looked over at Caleb and sternly stated, "Caleb, do you want to go to the doctors and get shots and suppositories? Stop crying. Caleb, you'll get shots and suppositories if you keep crying." I couldn't believe my ears! My two-year-old was threatening her twin with "shots and suppositories"! Of course, poor Caleb began to cry even louder. I quickly tried to assure him he was most definitely NOT going to get shots or suppositories, and that Mikayla better stop being rude to her brother or she would be put in Time-Out.        

No comments:

Post a Comment